Friday, October 21, 2005

The Report

The Mehlis Report into Hariri's assassination is out, and available here (courtesy of tayyar.org).

I stayed up till dawn last night, frantically switching between live feeds from news channels, all clamoring to get the scoop.

LBCI had it's renowned Ghada Dargham who started spitting it out one sentence at a time.
Future TV had Diana Mokalled in NY who I absolutely adore (where has she been?!)
Al-Jazzeera tried to do the read while you speak deal but probably found it was too confusing and had a poor guy sit in front of the camera and read the whoooole daaaaamn thing. By the time I went to bed he was still at p31!

Anyway, I can't wait to read this!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Washington Post has the report too but it includes all the changes that were made to the document which I find highly intriguing...

This is where it can be found:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/20/AR2005102001690.html

Pamela.

1:12 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Ramzi said...

Thank you Pamela for the link!

I haven't had the time to read either yet, but I skimmed through the WP version and it is highly intriguing to say the least.

I have added your link to the sidebar as well.

3:25 PM, October 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the info ramzi.
samer (www.lebgeeks.com)

5:44 PM, October 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home