Saturday, July 22, 2006

Faces of Lebanon

I appreciate all the kind comments and emails of support I'm receiving from the readers of this blog, expressing their solidarity and sympathy with the plight of the Lebanese people.

For those of you who have never been to Lebanon before, and only know the stories and images of death and destruction, I have created this little presentation.

Lebanon and the Lebanese seek peace and celebrate life. But Lebanon is also a country that has withstood and defied degrees of violence and turmoil that would have unravelled a lesser nation.

There are 2 faces to my country, and I am proud of both. But I insist that it never looks more beautiful as when it is lit by the radiant light of peace.

Let us end this violence, NOW.





2 Comments:

Blogger Ramzi said...

Unfortunately Bouzo, to some giving up on idealogies that are dead or dying is more dear than seeing their country destroyed. So they march their faithful masses like lemmings off the cliff, dragging us all with them. March with them and you are condoning them, march against them and you are breaking up the country. So most Lebanese stand in place. And get bombed.

You and I made that promise. You and I are not enough.

7:31 PM, July 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ramzi,

First of all, I have to say that I really enjoy reading your blog; I have even used it as my homepage.
I respect your approach to peace but I think it is too euphoric and idealistic. I believe in the resistance of oppression and also believe that in the world, unfortunately, basic human rights have to be guarded by arms. Seems Ironic, I know, but that is the way the powers-to-be forces us, or at least me, to view the world. And believe or not, I do want peace for myself and my kids as well….. more than anything.

4:11 AM, July 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home