Sunday, October 09, 2005

You're Michael, right?

I know we Lebanese always say that our society is so microscopically small that we're always running into each other. But I didn't expect it would be THAT small!

Buying coffee at my neighbourhood coffee place, I spot this person at the cashier that looks vaguely familiar. A few seconds of grey-matter activity and voila my brain crunches out the name: Michael Totten.

For those of you who don't know, Michael is a blogger all the way from Portland USA who has been covering Lebanese issues ever since Hariri's assassination. Having been here before in April, he moved to Lebanon around a week ago to stay and blog the Middle East. Since this is Lebanon, I run into to him a few days later just like that.

Belated welcome to Lebanon Michael, have fun running into all 3 million or so of us...

4 Comments:

Blogger Eve said...

I just love coincidences. Out of the 70 million persons in Egypt, I once discovered, by an extraordinary coincidence, that myself and an Egyptian blogger have this friend in common. It was a real "no-way" moment :)

2:08 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Benet said...

Haha that's true..it happens that most people i met over the net, also know eachother from other places. Bah!

Anyway, wanted to tell you that you are welcome to most your flash mini movies in Indycult (www.indycult.com) anytime.

Take care,
-benet

5:48 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Renegade Eye said...

I found this blog surfing. It is good work.

No big coincident to speak of.

All the best.

8:45 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Ramzi said...

Eve
That's a truly strange story!

Benet
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that. Good luck with indycult!

Renegade Eye
Thanks, same to you.

3:12 PM, October 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home