Sunday, October 09, 2005

You're Michael, right?

I know we Lebanese always say that our society is so microscopically small that we're always running into each other. But I didn't expect it would be THAT small!

Buying coffee at my neighbourhood coffee place, I spot this person at the cashier that looks vaguely familiar. A few seconds of grey-matter activity and voila my brain crunches out the name: Michael Totten.

For those of you who don't know, Michael is a blogger all the way from Portland USA who has been covering Lebanese issues ever since Hariri's assassination. Having been here before in April, he moved to Lebanon around a week ago to stay and blog the Middle East. Since this is Lebanon, I run into to him a few days later just like that.

Belated welcome to Lebanon Michael, have fun running into all 3 million or so of us...

3 Comments:

Blogger Eve said...

I just love coincidences. Out of the 70 million persons in Egypt, I once discovered, by an extraordinary coincidence, that myself and an Egyptian blogger have this friend in common. It was a real "no-way" moment :)

2:08 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Frank Partisan said...

I found this blog surfing. It is good work.

No big coincident to speak of.

All the best.

8:45 AM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Ramzi said...

Eve
That's a truly strange story!

Benet
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that. Good luck with indycult!

Renegade Eye
Thanks, same to you.

3:12 PM, October 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home