Friday, April 29, 2005

Abracadabra... pfft!

You know the line.
Just after the mafia boss fires his gun,
he gives an apologetic shrug and says: "He knew too much..."

And he's right.
Knowing too much makes you inelegible for life.

Tonight, in circumstances that shall remain unspecified,I realized exactly what makes life lose it's charm.

It's knowing too much.
Seeing it coming.
Been there, done that.

Magic is what keeps it interesting.
The child-like fascination with the unknown.
Lose that, and it all suddenly collapses into stale predictability.
The barren world of causality and consequence.

No more wishing before you blow the candles.
Falling stars are burning chunks of rock.
Eyelashes just fall to the ground.

I've seen the strings move the puppets.
I know too much...

So, who's going to shoot me?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right! I wish I could just rewind to my childhood and just carry on in fascination for the rest of my life...damn experience!! *shaking fist*

11:10 PM, May 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home