Sunday, April 10, 2005

Downtown Rebirth!

In what has come to signify a rebirth of the Downtown area of Beirut, throngs of people made a determined journey to the streets and alleyways that are the heart of the city. This mass pilgrimage is set to continue for the coming few days in light of all the activities planned to take place over there.

Some aspects of the 'festival' seem deliberate and contrived, and in this sense the rebirth could be labeled a C-Section. But the people's response is certainly genuine and spontaneous; reclaiming what they once took for granted.

For some first-person pics of the night of the launch, head over to my other blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ramzi said...

Mary
I'm sure I didn't intend to paint a sour picture about the festival, my criticism was purely directed at the planned activities and not the atmosphere downtown (which is truly festive).

Your blog is off to a great start, I wish you all the best.
I am more than happy to answer all your questions and help you along, but you have to be more specific. Which ribbons are you talking about? Anyway, you can email me at ramblog (at) gmail (dot) com (I write it this way to hide it from spammers).

Oh, and another thing. I am pretty sure I'm not maha...

12:21 AM, April 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home