Friday, January 06, 2006

Almost there...

I'm sitting at gate B11 in Richmond International Airport, waiting for my flight back to Cleveland.

I haven't posted anything in a little over 2 weeks. And I wish I can say I was just lazy, uninspired or even too happy/busy to post. For a while now I have felt that whatever I have to say will pale in comparison to everything happening back home. Politics, yes, and personal. I only write what I feel and what I have felt since my last post has been... well, unpostable.

So why back now? Time. It puts things in perspective, dulls out the sharp edges and lulls me back into the blissful routine of just 'being'. Or is it acceptance? I'm not sure which and I'm not sure if it matters.

What have I been up to? Welllll... let's see:

- X-mas spent with friends in Cleveland. Highpoint: Buying decorations, shopping for gifts, seeing old friends.
- New Year's Eve in Chicago. Highpoint: Watching the fireworks off Navy Pier with the city in the background. Actually, EVERY SINGLE THING!
- Richmond, Virginia for an interview. Highpoint: Charming place, beautiful people, great hospital.

So, I've wrapped up my interview visits and can look forward to a few days of kicking-back in Cleveland (last chance for shopping requests guys) and heading back home next week.

It feels good posting again.
I almost remember why I started to in the first place.
I guess I'm just homesick.

5 Comments:

Blogger Eve said...

ya3tik el 3afiyeh!

too bad you won't be able to make it to the meeting (or will you?).. yalla, have a safe flight (glad there's no more buffalo wings at the top of the page ;) )

9:09 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Fouad said...

Have a safe flight back yaba... good to have you back.

1:18 AM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger Slink said...

woohoo a post! Miss you Ramzi :)

xx

10:54 PM, January 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey!!!
you forgot a highpoint about new year's eve: talking to old friends...for the first time in 5 years...can't beleive it has been so long! felt great to hear your voice dear friend
my

5:10 AM, January 08, 2006  
Blogger Ramzi said...

raf
Cleveland has your regular malls and outlets raf, not those either?
Happy '06 to you too and see you soon

Eve
Errr... meeting? Ooops. Been out of the loop there for a while. But I suppose I won't, yeah.
See you when I get there!

Fouad
I didn't get to see you this trip, as I foolishly mistook the scale of this place. No chance meeting across a bar here, my friend.

Del
I never left, just silent :)

Slink
Missed you too, and glad to see you're up and about again!

My
I still can't believe how strange and wonderful it felt to just... speak! I wanna call before I leave, email me your numbers?

9:54 AM, January 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home