Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tell me where it hurts

Just came back from my Step 2 CS exam.

For those who have no idea what that is, it's a simulated clinical exam where you have to see 12 trained actors pretending to be patients and work them up.

I must say it was tough at first adapting to the 'make-believe' aspect of it all, and all my professional skills went down the drain with my first patient. But as the day wore on, the actor in me came center forward and I started getting better at it! Just tell me where you're pretending to hurt and I'll pretend to examine you and pretend to really care...

I think I'll get a little sleep now, then go frolic in Downtown Atlanta.
Frolic... makes it sound like I'm skipping around with flowers in my hair, doesn't it?

Make that roam.

Note: If you've googled for Step 2 CS advice, you can't do any better than head here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanx for ur kind comment Ramzi - Went thru your cool blog - I see you are an excellent blogger with a taste for blog aesthetics and techno-stuff! Wish you good luck on ur match man !

1:46 AM, December 09, 2005  
Blogger Jamal said...

Student #1: And are you experiencing any discomfort?

Kramer: Just a little burning during urination.

Student #1: Okay, any other pain?

Kramer: The haunting memories of lost love. May I? (signals to Mickey)
Lights? (Mickey turns down the lights and Kramer lights a cigar) Our eyes met
across the crowded hat store. I, a customer, and she a coquettish haberdasher.
Oh, I pursued and she withdrew, then she pursued and I withdrew, and so we
danced. I burned for her, much like the burning during urination that I would
experience soon afterwards.

Student #1: Gonorrhea?!

Kramer: Gonorrhea!

The lab breaks out in spontaneous applause as Mickey turns up the lights and
Kramer takes a bow.

1:18 PM, December 09, 2005  
Blogger Xylocaine said...

Congrats...finally..all 3 steps...one more step kid and you'd be walking;p
...The hardest part is pretending and not bursting into laughs while the actor patient shows up!

5:38 PM, December 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home