Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Return of the Season

The flock has dwindled.
The grove that cradled our songs and laughter is now vacant and bare.
The few of us who have remained have seen you run and fly away while we stayed behind.
When I look around all I see is our memories, shared triumphs and failures.

The winter is rolling in now, and the season of migration to the West (sorry Tayeb Saleh) is upon us once again.
This time I too shall leave.
Carried forward by the wind of change but with a heavy heart.

What will become of the grove and my perch?
Would it still be there when I return?
Would it remember me?

Today I got my Visa.
Tomorrow I spread my wings.
In a few days I take flight...


Update: I might have given the impression that this trip is the final one, it isn't. That will come in a few months time. Still, the first step begins tonight, a one month roundtrip that sets the whole migration in motion.

8 Comments:

Blogger Eve said...

:(

Take care..

11:13 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Lazarus said...

Have a safe flight.

2:51 AM, November 17, 2005  
Blogger Fouad said...

The grove and your perch will never forget you. Will you forget them?

4:27 AM, November 17, 2005  
Blogger Delirious said...

This post is so nice... :(

Wish you all the luck and success in the world!

10:41 AM, November 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it's possible to forget Fouad...

15 years and I haven't forgotten :)

All the best with your trip. I hope it is everything you want it to be.. :)

Pamela

1:05 PM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger Ramzi said...

All your kind wishes warm my heart!

I agree with Pamela, Fouad. I don't think I could ever forget.

Have you?

2:46 PM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger Fouad said...

Of course I haven't. And I know you won't, Ramzi. You roots won't either. Pamela is right. People rarely forget. However they often choose to look away.
All the best my friend and if you need absolutely anything, you know where to find me :)

6:38 AM, November 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOser, get over it ba2a....
7zar meen,?

5:10 AM, November 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home