Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Katriana Blows

I feel horrible.
I plugged my minimovie before it's finished and now I'm too busy to complete it.
Work, USMLE's and personal issues all bearing down now and the crunch is coming.
Anyway, I've made a commitment and can't back down now, so "200 Days" is on the way, just maybe an abridged version. 186 Days perhaps?

On a totally unrelated note, I was stopped on the way to work this morning by a toothless old man in tattered clothes and - without as much as a hello - he blares out: "How many days has it been since Hurricane Katriana (sic) started blowing?"

All I had for him was a blank stare. For the first 2 seconds I was deducing Katrina from Katriana, then 4 seconds to get over the "What? The who? What the...?", then another few seconds to actually try and come up with the answer which did not come easy. By then he had turned around and walked away.

Explain. Please.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know. All the while I have been following the Katrina hurricane and only one person was in my thoughts: Katrina. I don't know how, but it relates to the Katrina hurricane.

However, a few days before the hurricane struck, Katrina died: car accident, New York city, 5 am. She was a 23 year old professional tennis player from New Zealand studying in london with the world ahead of her and a 10,000 pound scholarship. But, worse even, she was my friend.

I kept thinking, is that Katrina when she's angry?

8:14 PM, September 08, 2005  
Blogger Ramzi said...

raf
Mysterious is one thing.
Borderline psychotic is another.

Anonymous
Asking why would only make us bitter and confused.
Let it be, and hope she's in a better place...

2:05 PM, September 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home