Sunday, August 14, 2005

Environ Recon

"Stop doing that!" is what my friend says whenever we walk into a room.

What he is referring to is my unconscious habit of scanning around my surroundings almost constantly. It's not really that obvious but we've been friends for years so he has picked up on it. He claims (and this is totally unverified I wish to add) that for a few minutes after I enter a new surrounding my gaze darts around and 'recons my environs'.

I don't know if that is true since I'm not aware of it, but I do notice that my brain is sometimes caught up in useless analysis.

It goes something like this:
  1. I notice that the paint in the far top corner of the store is a lighter shade than the rest of the walls.
  2. The fresh paint is covering up some plaster.
  3. The plaster portion is suspiciously just the right size for a pipe or conduit of some sort.
  4. Wait a minute, there IS a conduit a little farther along the wall and it's connected to an airconditioning unit.
  5. The unit looks brand new and has some drill marks just over it.
  6. AHA! This store recently replaced its airconditioning!!!

As I said, totally useless.
But fun.
And out of control.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slink said...

nah I like it... it shows your brain is working. I know someone who used to go into a room and join up sticking out edges with an imaginary line in her head, creating a weblike pattern. I thought that was a bit wierd though.

10:27 PM, August 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's insanely sexy.

8:35 PM, September 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home