Wednesday, August 10, 2005

At the speed of Life

I get it now!

I used to say life's too short.
But that didn't always make sense.
It takes place over 70 years on average, and you can't call that 'short'.
And sometimes when the outlook is bleak it feels like a horribly long time.

But now I get it: Life is not short, it just moves too fast.

And no, it's not the same thing.
Too short is like saying a highway ends with a cliff-drop.
Too fast is like saying you won't get to stop and enjoy everything you miss.

Tell me life is too short and I won't feel any better, I'll actually feel worse.
Tell me it's too fast, and maybe then I won't fret the little things as much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ramzi said...

Tempest
I read your post, and I generally agree with the course of things (bungees go too fast too). But there's something missing there. Where's the injustice? Heartbreak?

raf
"When there's a will, there's a way" eh bro?
Decisions and consequences?
Are you serious?

Perhaps you're life experience has been such so far, so that's understandable.
But it isn't for me.
It isn't for a lot of people I think...

1:36 AM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Delirious said...

Raf, tell me you don't actually believe this!

12:41 PM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Fouad said...

You're only juggling with words Ramzi.

Life is too short because we die.

And it moves too fast because we forget.

So carpe diem my friend. Instants you can control, flow you can't. Just enjoy every moment, remember it, and make it an eternity in its own right.

All your questions answered

Dalai thermo :)

7:30 AM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger La La said...

It goes too fast and then all of a sudden you need botox...

11:31 AM, August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home