Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Mario's Mushroom

My last post about playing the lottery has stirred up some debate so I want to clear up some things.
I want to play the lottery because I'd like to have a $1,000,000 just handed over to me without having to actually work for it or deserve it. It's like Christmas in August. That's the whole attraction after all, isn't it?
We've all played a video game of some sort during our childhood. Well the way I look at this is: if I were Mario in a world of bricks and pipes, this would be like grabbing the big giant mushroom.


Yes money is not everything.
You can't buy geniune love, but you can make yourself more loveable/attractive.
You can't buy good health, but you can surely receive the latest in medical science.
You can't buy loyal friends, but you will have more to share with the friends you have.
In short, there is little that money cannot make a little better and in that sense money does bring about happiness. I do not covet gathering wealth, but rather the measure of happiness and freedom that money affords.

All right then, moving along.

The pie chart shows what I'll do with the cash.


Friends & Family: you have to share.

Charity:
I'd rather give it all to one charity, one cause, in one go and achieve something. None of this $10/year adopt-a-dolpin schemes.

Savings:
Not sure if NASDAQ or 'stuff-in-mattress' is better right now.

Impulse Buys:
I'll start off with...

one of these

convertible C6 corvettes to cruise along an open highway with "Born to be wild" blaring...

and one of these

snow cottages to go ice fishing

and one of these

control centers to manage my evil empire and henchmen

and... well that will do for now.

P.S. to be taken with a grain of salt

3 Comments:

Blogger Slink said...

I totally agreed with everything you said... and nice choices on the purchases front! :) xx

9:48 PM, August 24, 2005  
Blogger Matthew said...

Good call on the Corvette. As far as the henchmen go, I note that you have twice as much allocated to charity, so you could have a lot more things to control if you used the HQ to manage your legions of do-gooders.

8:19 AM, August 25, 2005  
Blogger Ramzi said...

Slink

Thanks dear, with me luck!
Vox

I just picked the figure out of my head. I know these days that a million doesn't go too far. I don't want to retire, I am just playing for a windfall...
Matthew

Aren't these Corvettes delicious?! Why buy a snowflake-fragile Italian exotic when you can get 6 American muscle cars? And do-gooders don't form legions, they form support groups.
Raf
Again, I never picked a figure. But I'm with you on the charity idea, MAKE a difference. Now, how many nutella sandwiches would a million dollars buy me?

5:43 PM, August 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home