Sunday, September 18, 2005

1,2,3

Ok... I'm still as busy as hell but I can't help posting on a few things.

1) The FBI in the US is reporting that there are now over 2000 'fake' Katrina aid websites which claim to accept donations to help the victims of that latest hurricane but are in fact fraudulent attempts at stealing your money. DESPICABLE!

2) Lebanon has made it to the finals of the Basketball World Championship. Now this sport does nothing to me personally and frankly I never quite liked it. I dislike all sports where the score goes over 10 and where the last 30 secs of play can take over 5 minutes. And bouncing things seems childish. And... I'll stop now.
Still I'm happy for Lebanon. I'd be happy if we qualified for the World Cockroach Racing Championship too! (We should have those. 30 years of toxic waste exposure gives our roaches the edge.)

3) As pointed out by ThermoCrime, the counter I had in the sidebar tracking the days since Hariri's assassination was off by oooh a hundred days! So I had to make my own. Much like a Timex made in China, it's not sexy but it's accurate.


Faulty original






Accurate knock-off




3 Comments:

Blogger Fouad said...

1)Despicable yet predictable

2)Have you seen some of the cockroaches here in the states?? they make you wanna grab a lebanese roach, put it in your lap, pet it, and whisper in its antenna "hey little pal, I missed you..."

3)This counter is messing with your brain and mine. Is it working now or am I imagining things?

6:29 PM, September 18, 2005  
Blogger Eve said...

Saraha, ana I can't watch two minutes in a row of any of those games: it's due to something between nervousness and "khalsouna ba2a".

The new counter is akeed a7la :) can it go till 4 or 5 numbers?

6:37 PM, September 18, 2005  
Blogger Ramzi said...

Thermo it's fixed!
I don't know if it's peer pressure or a cosmic-screw-with-my-heard, but it's working now! I swear it was messed up the minute I posted this.
Which should i keep?!

Eve, I hear you. Football (and no I'm not gonna start calling it soccer) is a different issue!
And yeah, in theory it can go till the end of time. I give it a few more weeks though ;)

7:57 PM, September 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home