Thursday, July 28, 2005

Human(e) Nature

Ok, so let me get this straight.

Doing something good is being humane,
doing something bad is being human?

You volunteer your weekend to immunize rural children, you're humane.
You punch your ex's new partner in the face, it's only human.

So who are these humanes and where do they come from? Because as far as I know there is only one species of upright bipedal creatures on this Earth. And all my interactions with them as of yet have shown they are essentially paranoid, selfish, insecure, competitive, conniving, conspiring ignorant beings who tolerate each other for the sake of their own good.

Lets bring out these humanes and let them take over.
It seems they can bring order to all this mess we've made.

6 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

This puts a very interesting spin on the idea of human rights.

8:39 AM, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Delirious said...

can someone please be humane enough to tell me how can we italicize terms and insert a hyperlink in the comment section?
Thanx! :)

10:49 AM, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Fouad said...

I guess making the word longer is like humans extending an "e" to other humans who need to hold on to something.. And as much as I am pissed at the human kind, there's something in me that always calls for forgiveness and justification. Maybe because I'm only human. I think the mess we're in is deterministic. We are intrinsically selfish. And so is Life itself. Otherwise it wouldn't have "survived". Our cortex has not yet matured enough to overcome our limbic system. And deep down, I think I'm glad it hasn't. If everyone was kind, giving and loving, it would be one heck of a cheesy world out there, wouldn't it be :)

6:52 PM, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Delirious said...

Ummm... Hello? Echo, echo, echo!

1:14 PM, July 29, 2005  
Blogger Delirious said...

Thanx A LOT to both of you for your help. I really couldn't have done it without you, Ramzi and Ashraf!!

9:59 AM, July 30, 2005  
Anonymous Krash Dummy said...

This is a great post thankss

12:34 AM, January 19, 2024  

Post a Comment

<< Home