Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Care to know


I've been often told that I should care less what people think of me.
And for the most part, I agree.

Recently though, I'm getting to realize that this attitude could be just as dangerous as falling slave to other people's expectations.
After all, what people think of me half-governs our interaction. Knowing it gives me the edge, ignoring it places me in peril.

So I shouldn't care what people think of me, but I should care to know.

The difference is subtle and vital.

3 Comments:

Blogger Majd Batarseh said...

i do agree to some extent with what you said.. but should we care to know what ALL people think or is it an exclusive privilege to CERTAIN people.. i mean at least the ones who care about you?
nice blog..

4:48 PM, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Ramzi said...

Whomever knows you enough to have an opinion of you is included I guess...

2:50 AM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger lifeflaw said...

I like to know what other people think, out of curiosity mainly. Moreover, sometimes I make use of the comments/opinion. In other cases, the opinion about me tend to be quite unconstructive, but... I am always curious to know. :)

1:09 PM, July 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home