Thursday, May 12, 2005

Perchance to Dream

I've noticed I'm having more and more daydreams.
Not only are they more frequent, but they are becoming lengthier with more detail and - perhaps most worrisome of all - intentional.

I rarely recall the dreams I have at night, and those that I do recall are rarely fantastical.

So why am I having these daydreams where people are being attacked by ravaging sharks and building are toppling over as the ground shakes?

Browsing the web of course will result in a million hits and as many opinions = useless.

I did however find 2 things I liked:
  1. A quote by Edgar Allen Poe: "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
  2. This article from Psychology Today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever found yourself driving and "daydreaming" so bad that you are almost in a trance and when you "wake up" you can't remember what happenned? "Did I stop at the red light? How much time went by?" If this has happenned to you, you are probably highly hypnotizable...

7:22 AM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Slink said...

I'm a terrible daydreamer. That is that I don't daydream terrible dreams, I just do it alot. I don't think it's that uncommon these days... my heads most of the time alot more interesting than the environment I'm in. it's the tedium of modern living. Get me to the beautiful country and I can absorb everything... soak it up to dream it during the humdrum of city life.

2:40 PM, May 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home