Thursday, October 21, 2004

Letter to Ego

Often inflated, always fragile and ever in pursuit of acknowledgment and acceptance. You are as pitiful as you are pathetic.

Sometimes I wish to tear you down and set fire to your splinters. Like a stumbling fool you prance around like the world is your playground and claim what could never be yours. Other times I sympathize and accept you for the ignorant child that you are.

Why do you keep trying to pass yourself off as something more than you are? You round-up when it’s in your favor, you round-down when it isn’t. You always do your best, the world is always to blame, your critics are just jealous, your failures were just not meant to be, and the fish you caught was gigantic but you felt sorry for it and you let it go.

I understand why you think you’re always the star… it’s your movie and it’s playing in your theater. And everyone else is selling their drama, so why shouldn’t you? It’s a war of hype and you’re fighting for space.

Like I said, I don’t know what to do about you.
Are you purposely confusing me?
Carry on, you little brat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home