Friday, May 12, 2006

Keeping busy

I find it helps when trying to come to terms with loss to distract myself as much as possible.

Fortunately, I have many interests to pursue.
Sadly, I find very little to distract myself with.

For example...

Politics: Parties who adore protests declare protesting is futile when trying to rid the country of a joke president, but totally justified for toppling an 8-month old government over something that doesn't exist.

Theatre: Avoiding politics leads me nowhere. I didn't even get the chance to find out if Meryl Streep "stafalit" or not.

Concerts: Ricky Martin is for adolescent girls. 50 Cent is for, well... not me anyway.

Nature: Apparently the early roasters are hitting the sands already, but I'm in no rush for summer.

So that leaves with... Sports.

The world cup is just around the corner. And as a loyal fan of Germany I'm finding it hard to sleep soundly. Even the team captain is saying they may be bumped off early.

What am I to do?! Somebody distract me quick.

10 Comments:

Blogger Fouad said...

Just take on the latest craze here in America Ramzi. Sudoku. Ma elak ella sudoku. Kinda like el sudoku wa2t el deekk :)

4:51 AM, May 12, 2006  
Blogger Delirious said...

Start by replying to my email :D

8:11 AM, May 12, 2006  
Blogger Ramzi said...

Fouad
I bought my mom one of those electronic sudoku gaming things, and I turned her into an addict.
I've seen the far side, I recognize the signs, I won't make that plunge.

I'm sure there's a support group out there somewhere...


You'd think ma hek?!

5:14 PM, May 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a support group? "my name is Nadine and i'm a sudoku addict"! I need help! :)
Seriously that thing is crazy, i think my neurons are overheating! And it's everywhere, newspaper, books, online! I can't hide! Maybe i should drink my addiction away! Margaritas anyone?
Na

6:44 AM, May 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

drink. pretend that you are making important decisions and try to convince yourself that you will actually follow through. that you will tell 'them' they're getting on your nerves, that you will tell 'her' to leave you. that you'll live for yourself.

then drink some more.

pick up a fun habit. smoking. there's nothing like puffing on a cigarette and hating every drag you take at the same time. it clears your mind of everything and leaves only rage.

drink.

try to figure out how many people have it worse... it's better than counting sheep.

1:46 PM, May 13, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

leramz, how depressing, but how real!
but nooooooooo, don't drink and don't smoke..
summer is here, the beach, pick up fishing.. take a camera and walk around. start reading up on the work of 19th century french writers and become an expert on it. turn viya con dios on in the car and drive to el 7elwe, blast the music and go swim :) my ex-boyfriend and i used to do that..
if money is available, even little, go spend a month in alania, turkey.

9:37 PM, May 13, 2006  
Blogger Rampurple said...

do what i do... move... lol

3:13 PM, May 14, 2006  
Blogger Rampurple said...

oh shoot! am so sorry ... i just read ur previous posts... i havent been reading blogs recently coz of my own selfish issues.... i am so sorry about ur dad... my previous comment may have sounded too obnoxious....

i am sorry

3:24 PM, May 14, 2006  
Blogger Ramzi said...

Na
Not you too!

LeRamz
Drink only intensifies my mood, whatever that may be at the time.
Smoke is already a vice I live with and hate.
I already know people who have it worse, and their anguish adds to mine not subtracts from it.

Smieh... I'm escaping sadness, not anger.

Mirvat
I wish I could just pick up and go.
But soon, I'll be starting my residency, somewhere close to where you are actually.

Rampurple
Don't worry, it wasn't obnoxious. It's the truth...

2:22 PM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

cool, drop me a line when in NY, we'll take care of you here :)

1:53 AM, May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home