Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Dark, Tunnel, Light

The past week has been a tempest of emotion.

I came within a hair's breadth of losing my father.

I had three years to come to terms with this eventual fate, and every clinical sign suggested that the time had come.

Such instances are difficult times for an agnostic. I had no divine faith to leash my anger, and no discernible object to turn it upon.

Yet, he made it. With determination, care and love, he saw himself through it.

But I am left exhausted, rage has left me weary.

My only solace is that I will yet again have a chance to hold his hand, tell him I'm proud of him, and see him smile back at me and say:" That was nothing".

10 Comments:

Blogger Chief said...

I'm glad to hear he made it through..
Hamdella 3al saleme

1:12 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Fouad said...

hamdellah 3ala salemto...

4:15 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Delirious said...

'Tis very certain the desire of life prolongs it. ~Lord Byron

May he remain with you for a long time still and may the forces be with you. All of them.

10:14 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Eve said...

your father is a fighter and so are you.

10:15 AM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy he made it through. Hamdella 3al salemeh.

10:43 AM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hamdella 3al salemeh

7:11 PM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooner or later we come face to face with such a reality and we think about how hard it will be when it happens to someone we love and feel we can´t and don´t want to loose. As we come to terms with fate, the strength and resolution within you will help you through this difficult time, and with the good vibrations from those around you will carry through. Courage, am happy to hear you still can hold his hand.
Imad

12:20 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

7amdella 3ala salamto.

12:53 AM, April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zi..
7amdella 3a salemto...give him and your mom my regards (if they still remember me!)
Na

5:11 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Ramzi said...

Thanks all for your warm wishes...

Sometimes, I think he has come this far by the power of positive thought alone!

7:53 PM, April 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home