Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Italian Job

Italy, the largest trade partner for Lebanon and a country with historical ties to Lebanon that span back to the Roman Empire, is making great gestures of support in this conflict.

  • Rome will be the venue for an international conference to discuss aid to Lebanon.
  • Italian ships full of humanitarian supplies are also on the way.
  • The Italian foreign minister is pressuring Syria to get a dialogue going.
  • Italians marched in peace demonstrations in Rome
  • Pope Benedict led a international day of prayer on Sunday for peace in 'destroyed' Lebanon (hey, I'm agnostic but it's the thought that counts).
And yet, a friend of mine alerted me the other day to an alarming finding that can be described at best as an eerie coincidence and at worst an outright conspiracy.

Israel has invaded Lebanon twice, once in the summer of 1982 and now in 2006.

Guess who won the World Cup both times?

Quad Erat Demonstrandum.



11 Comments:

Blogger Xylocaine said...

History repeats itself!

8:18 PM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger Lycanthropy said...

indeed a very strange coincidence,
i wonder what the italians are up to..

4:30 AM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's so weird!!
another weird thing.. all the airlines are saying that the first scheduled flights to beirut are august 1st. how do they know???!!!

ramzi i'm happy you're ok.

4:52 AM, July 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ramzi, I discovered your amazing blog through lemonde.fr I must say you are VERY talented. For the past days, I've been browsing previous messages and animations.wow! I live abroad and getting a live opinion on what's happening bel balad somehow reconforts me and sometimes your funny comments manage to steal a laugh from me despite the disgusting war. Thank you!

11:52 AM, July 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bass ba2a :)

2:31 PM, July 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is not fair! seems like it's our fault if the israel-nazi are bombing Libanon
we support Lebanon!
ciao
fabiano

6:07 PM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Delirious said...

Spookily eery!

2:57 AM, July 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, im italian, just wanted to say i've always supported the Arabs/Muslims' cause and i also feel like Italy and the Middle East can be good friends. Just wanted to show my support, Bye :)

10:09 PM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger Ramzi said...

Hey I love Italy, Italians, Italian food... everything but Italian football!

Ciao

(Danke Klinsi)

1:59 AM, July 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Italian take a look at my blog. I'm sorry it is in Italian but the images speaks clarly than words
www.attentialbruco.splinder.com

5:01 PM, July 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm lebanese but l grew up in Rome. I live here since 1976... you can easely imagine the reason why ;o)

5:10 PM, July 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home