Sunday, June 12, 2005

I voted!

I voted today!
It was pretty straight forward, no hassles:
  1. I walked into the makeshift poll center and was immediately met by volunteers of the nominees brandishing their little white lists (see pic). Their bodies covered by more logos and insignias than any F1 race driver. I wondered if anyone ever gets to this point still undecided. And if not, then what does all this publicity really serve? Do they really think I'm going to change my vote now?!
  2. Helpfully guided to my particular ballot box and showing my electoral card, I was handed a little stamped brown envelope and asked to step behind a green curtain in the corner. Why they are always green, I don't know.
  3. Having slipped the list inside the envelope and having felt that the time I've spent inside has served it's dramatic purpose, I walked back to the box, dropped the envelope with some gusto, and signed off.
  4. The volunteers outside were still pretty keen on being helpful, but I could tell by the quizzical expression on their face that they are not sure if they should treat me as friend or foe. I was intentionally vague. Har har har...
For the first time in my life, I cast a ballot!
Somehow, it feels a lot like buying a lottery ticket. Can't wait for the draw...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home