Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Denial

I am still in denial...

I heard the explosion and at first I thought it was a sonic boom... but then the mushroom cloud came up and... it's been a growing nightmare since then as little by little the news began to trickle... 1 dead 7 injured... 4 dead 12 injured.... Hariri's convoy may have been a target.... his bodyguards are hurt... he is either dead or injured... Rafic Hariri has been assassinated...

Hariri is dead and I can't get it into my head. Maybe I will when I sleep... if I can manage to fall asleep. The past 12 hours are a blur of continuous reports, statements, condemnations and anger. I keep looking out of the window. The city looks darker than it ever did and the sky is moonless. Maybe the explosion scared it off. Our street is usually busy and its now deserted.

A 3-day strike starts tomorrow. Demonstrations are going to flare up I'm sure. More people are going to get injured I fear...

Long before the tragic events of today, I have been disenchanted with life and never had faith that anything in life has permanence or relevance. I hate that today is one of the days that proves me right, that tonight many people are left feeling the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger Slink said...

I can't really comment much on this being so far away, our news reported it yesterday and I thought of you but not much has been said since. My love goes out to you all, though that sounds pretty meaningless i'm sure. Hope you're okay Ramzi. Take care. xxx

2:34 PM, February 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home